Tebelleh Chat Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Africa (World Cup) 2010

Go down

South Africa (World Cup) 2010 Empty South Africa (World Cup) 2010

Post by Liberianboy Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:46 pm

It's been nearly four years since we ran huge debates over Germany 2006 WC battle. Now it's time for SA2010. Fellow soccer fans: Liberian, Monroviaboy, WeahFan, Player10, Smartfootball, and everyone else on here, let's get it on. The zonings are in. I watched it live today! Who are your picks for winners South Africa (World Cup) 2010 Icon_razz and runner-ups South Africa (World Cup) 2010 Icon_pirat ?

Group A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

Group B: Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece

Group C: England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia

Group D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Group E: Netherlands, Denmak, Japan, Cameroon

Group F: Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia

Group G: Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Portugal

Group H: Spain, Honduras, Switzerland, Chile

Liberianboy

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-10

http://www.angelfire.com/hi4/Liberianboy

Back to top Go down

South Africa (World Cup) 2010 Empty Re: South Africa (World Cup) 2010

Post by Liberianboy Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:10 pm

I love this game. At this stage in World Soccer, making analyses only gets tougher.

My take(s) on the zonings are as follow:

Group A: This zone is open South Africa (World Cup) 2010 Icon_eek . Each team in here has an equal chance of advancing. Because FIFA (Sepp Blatter) robbed Ireland of qualifying the World Cup South Africa (World Cup) 2010 Icon_rolleyes , it'll only be fair if France gets an early exit (similar to what happened at Japan 2002). And yes, Uruguay is there again. As a matter of fact, France haven't been playing impressive of late. My picks are: Uruguay & Mexico (doesn't matter to me who wins the group).

Group B: Argentina (Winners) & Greece (Runner-ups)
The once-mighty Super Eagles of Nigeria have gone down the drain. Surviving this zone doesn't seem to be a goal they can achieve. In addition, they haven't produced a solid team-defence lately.

Group C: No doubt that England are favorites to move forward as winners. Tough one for the USA but they play as a team. Algeria have never made it beyond Round 1 in the World Cup. Slovenia are new comers to this big stage and I don't expect anything major from them. Both teams (Slovenia & Nigeria) don't appear to be a major threat to the United States. Therefore, it's England (winners) & USA (Runner-ups)

Group D: Germany (winners) & Ghana (Runner-ups)
Germany are by far the best defensive country in world soccer (they're the only country that concedes the least amount of goals in any major World & European soccer tournament) - check your stats .... Because Ghana is one of Africa's powerhouses (2nd to Ivory Coast), I'll give them a slight edge over Serbia (sorry Weah Fan South Africa (World Cup) 2010 Icon_cry ).

I'll come back later to finish up my picks for the remaining groups.

Liberianboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberianboy Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Group E: Holland and winners and Cameroon as runners-up. The Dutch played so well during the qualifiers. I really don't see any other competitors that can really smother Cameroon out of this zone.

Group F: Italy as winners and Paraguay as runners-up. In spite of the incident involving their captain's health, I still think Paraguay can move forward. They still have time to recuperate. Italy, no doubt they'll win the group.

Group G: Brazil and as winners and runners-up respectively. The Ivory Coast are up to the greatest challenge to prove themselves as a powerhouse. I doubt that they'll beat Brazil and or Portugal.

Group H: Undoubtedly, Spain will emerge as winners and Chile as runners-up. Spain are a fantastic bunch. I see them through to the finals. Iniesta, Xavi, Gutierez, Puyol, etc ..... they'll be the team to beat.

Grand Final: England vs Spain (this is England's best chance of reach that far considering the seedind and zoning. I am not really optimistic that Brazil will win this year's World Cup considering all things normal.)

Liberianboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down