Tebelleh Chat Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dulee Johnson Returns to Sweden

+8
Smartfootball
Jujuman2010
Monroviaboy
itayilnai
kingjohn2g2
IE
delazoe1
Weah Fan
12 posters

Go down

Dulee Johnson Returns to Sweden Empty Dulee Johnson Returns to Sweden

Post by Weah Fan Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:00 am

Johnson Returns to Sweden

Ace Liberian midfielder Dulee Johnson will depart Liberia this weekend to his Swedish base.

Speaking to his media team from Liberia, Johnson said his decision is personal.

Johnson also disclosed that he would not be playing in Friday’s crucial encounter against Algeria.

“I’ll be leaving Liberia this weekend and hopefully arrive in Sweden by Monday. This does not mean I’m quitting the national team for good. What is important is that I responded to a national call and helped the Lone Star in a one all game against Gambia in our first Nations Cup qualifier,” DJ confirmed.

"It has been an honour to play in the national team and I'll always make my services available to the Liberian people in the future," the reigning Best Player of Swedish side, AIK, stated.

He noted: “I’m still committed to my country and would not do anything to jeopardize its chances of qualifying to the Nations Cup and World Cup. It’s just unfortunate things have turned this way and I need sometime to go back and re-strategies.

“I know it’s quite sad especially at this crucial moment when all hands must be on deck but I have confidence in my colleagues that they would make it.”

The AIK midfielder has been camping with his national team mates over the past three weeks to prepare for the joint African Nations and World Cup qualifiers. He was with his European-based colleagues in Germany and later joined the rest in Morocco.

He was part of the Lone Star squad that played a 1:1 draw game against the Scorpions of Gambia at the SKD Stadium.

Stay tuned for more when DJ arrives in Sweden.
Weah Fan
Weah Fan

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-05-06

http://www.myspace.com/weahfan

Back to top Go down

Dulee Johnson Returns to Sweden Empty Re: Dulee Johnson Returns to Sweden

Post by delazoe1 Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:31 am

Hey ,
Did Dulee ever went on try out in England? I am talking about at Birmingham City.

Thanks

delazoe1

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Weah Fan Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:59 am

delazoe1 wrote:Hey ,
Did Dulee ever went on try out in England? I am talking about at Birmingham City.

Thanks

He did. The Birmingham coach was impressed with Dulee, but AIK demanded too much money...so he did not move to England.

There are rumours that Aston Villa is also interested in Dulee.
Weah Fan
Weah Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by delazoe1 Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:21 am

Yeah I thought it was just the same rumours that he went on a try out at Birmingham. Is there any site that you can refer me to so I can read it. Want to send it to my friend also so he can read it too.

Thanks

delazoe1

Back to top Go down

Post by IE Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:06 pm

I saw the Dublee Story on Birmingham website sometime ago. It is not the usual rumours.

IE

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn2g2 Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:32 pm

delazoe1 wrote:Yeah I thought it was just the same rumours that he went on a try out at Birmingham. Is there any site that you can refer me to so I can read it. Want to send it to my friend also so he can read it too.

Thanks

http://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~1212305,00.html
kingjohn2g2
kingjohn2g2

Number of posts : 36

http://www.fcatering.net

Back to top Go down

Dulee Johnson Returns to Sweden Empty A question from Israel

Post by itayilnai Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:07 am

Hello,

I am doing an article about Dulle Jhonson, the football player that signed with the Israeli team "Maccabi Tel aviv" this week. I would appreciate any help regarding information about him. His background, how the Liberian crowd sees him, etc.

Thank you very much,

Itay Ilnai

Tel-Aviv Times

itayilnai

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Monroviaboy Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:29 pm

itayilnai wrote:Hello,

I am doing an article about Dulle Jhonson, the football player that signed with the Israeli team "Maccabi Tel aviv" this week. I would appreciate any help regarding information about him. His background, how the Liberian crowd sees him, etc.

Thank you very much,

Itay Ilnai

Tel-Aviv Times

From what I hear..The player was scouted and a contract was proposed. he has not signed yet
Monroviaboy
Monroviaboy

Number of posts : 121

http://www.liberiansoccer.com

Back to top Go down

Dulee Johnson Returns to Sweden Empty Dulee

Post by Jujuman2010 Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:44 am

Yo! I know football is business but dayum..... Our players keep going from one sub par league to the next. Where is Israel in football rankings? This man had trials in the premier league and off to Israel he goes...... Even little known Theo Weeks is now in a better league then he is...

Jujuman2010

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Weah Fan Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:48 am

Jujuman2010 wrote: Even little known Theo Weeks is now in a better league then he is...

That's true bro.

Hope we don't have another Chris Wreh or Prince Daye in Dulee.
Weah Fan
Weah Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by delazoe1 Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:09 pm

Yeah hope not. But what I don't understand is Why he is leaving the Scotts league for Israeli league. Don't know whether I am right but for me the Scotts league is far better than the Israeli league because of their performance in Euro 2008 qualification. So I feel he should have fought hard to move to another club in Sweden than Israel. But something it's good to make moves and great things will start happening. I hope he does not be like Prince Daye for real. After staying about six years in a European club and than you get a move to an African club or couldn't get another contract with another European club that was a disgrace. Wish Dulee all the Luck man.

delazoe1

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartfootball Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:26 pm

Maybe the money is good, because the Israeli league is not stronger/better than the Sweden league. Moreover, maybe Dulee is not as good as we think he is. Good players in Europe will always get better contracts. Also, Dulee may have some personal problems that may be affecting his movement to better leagues. As we know this is a business, nobody want to invest in a problem player. Notwithstanding, Dulee may get a good contract out of Israel in the near future if he inprove on his personal problem.

Smartfootball

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Weah Fan Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:44 pm

The money is good, no doubt. But I'm afraid that the English, Scottish and German clubs heard of Dulee's problems with drunk driving and other stuff like that.... They consider him a troublemaker. Maybe that's the real reason why they haven't fought hard to bring him to their respective clubs.
Weah Fan
Weah Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duport Road Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:30 pm

Hi Weah Fan- I asked that you kindly remove your statement about Dulee..........with regard to his personal life. Please.

Back to the issue at hand. Sometimes a change of scenery is good. I think in this case it was the best thing for Dulee. In no way do I see this move as a step in the wrong direction. Have you guys heard of relaunching of career? Well that is exactly what Dulee is doing. Unlike, Prince who went back to Africa (Tunisia) After player in the frenchh league for years Dulee got a good deal out of this. He is in a good league and he got Paid if the reports are on point.

I think the biggest looser is AIK who could have bagged a little over $4milloin when EPL teams came calling. Now they will have to settle for Less.

I do not think Dulee will play out his contract. He will be out next Transfer Window.
Duport Road
Duport Road

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by liberian Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:14 pm

This is definitely a move in the wrong direction for Dulee. Remember Prince Daye was once in Israel for the same Tel Alvi Team and failed to make the grade? Daye was a much better player than Dulee. Also, if Dulee is as good as others want us to believe than why is he not making the Lone Star team? I really feel sad for Liberia. Coach Hey needs to start off with the younger Liberians players in Europe like Patrick Geidt, Nimely, Gaume and the rest. Besides, I don't believe Dulee is 23 years old. Age could be a factor in his underperformance.

liberian

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Danield Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:01 pm

Look guys, I think we are all grown up on this chat and it would be decent if we could have a mature conversation in responding to topics regarding our players. We need to be caution and respectful to them and their decision. Also, they are public figures but they're also profeesionals, we got the right to talk or respond to things but going as far as personal problems or saying stuff that you got no facts about would be crossing the line. No names, but if i ask you for the facts as to him having a personal problem that's being why big clubs didn't get him can you proved it??.. I don't think so. We need to have a respectful and decent responds to topics if not, I, and i think other folks that talk with reasoning don't want to be a part.

On Dulee's move... I personally don't think it was a bad move at all. Reason? the money is great, he is getting the highest he had ever recieved in his career plus a $200,000 euro bonus signing. This is a business not just to play soccer, he got a large family. The Israeli laugue might not be as good as England but it's getting better and there're lots of good players there. Also, Maccabi Tel Aviv is a big club in Israel and europe, they won the championship a year ago and took part in the UEFA Champion Laugue. They have qualify for the UEFA cup this year because they're number two in the Israeli laugue. Don't compared Prince Daye short-coming with Dulee's, Why? First of all, Prince Daye was never officially signed to Maccabi. He was there for two months for pre-season Not signed as a player. Prince left Basta as a free Tranfer meaning he could go whereever without Basta's concern and Dulee isn't. Dulee has been able to move from one club to the other and Daye haven't. Dulee, Doe, Dioh, has atlast been abel to make moves from a club to another.Lets make smart comparism. They may not be in the big laugue but lets give them props for keeping up because they're still young.

Guys we need to slow all the talking down about the moves those players make and ask ourselves why aren't they in the big laugue??? Do we have a younth program or are we participating in younths games to help exposed them??? What are we doing to help set a program that would allowed us to elect our official at the LFA so we know what to exspect and that they are not having a corruptional party??? Are we just talking and doing nothing??? Ask why other Africans countries got players in the big laugue? Because they got programs that help those young players move forward. Our young guys are doing it on their own, so when they make a lil move talk them up not down. Don't forget, talk don't do nothing, actions does. We got a long way to go. May God bless the Lone Star.

Danield

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by delazoe1 Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:05 pm

Hey
Thanks for your third paragraph brother. We need to think about that and get around our FA to do something about the issue. We know that some of them are doing it on their own but in doing so you have to be committed to the game. Sometimes we wonder why our player(s) has the talent and when they get tried out they don't make it most of the time in Europe. Do you think it all has to do with good programs? For me that is just a portion of it. I also think it has to do with good managers, self confident, self determination, commitment, and focusing on what are your goals in the game. Every other things should come second to the game (meaning other activities that will stop your soccer growth). Speaking from experience because I was there before and ended up been a Computer/Network Engineer today instead of going after my dream. Some of these factors listed above were the cause and the civil war (abi).

I think you are going a bit off on this issue or getting it all mix up. Everything said were was opinion about what somebody thinks. If I am quoting correct he said maybe he has personal problems that might be stopping him. This guy is not sure about anything. So I don't think or see how our player(s) has been disrespected. I think for me the comparson it was about leave a stronger league and going to another that is not as compare to the one you are leaving. And somebody talk about been young in the game. When you are yound in the game I don't think it is good to start thinking about money or business I think you should start thinking about getting to the highest level. This is why I make mention about goals in the game. For me I will not disrespect any of my soccer pros because they are out there making name for our country just like how some of us are out here making our country knew through other things like computer, education, amry etc....

But let us not misconstrue people comments in the forum. If you don't understand somebody comments ask them to clearify. Everybody stay Blessed okay. Cheers

delazoe1

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartfootball Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:47 pm

Hey Danield, thanks for your coments there is alot of good things you said. On the other hand, you mentioned some sad statements, like having proof, we are grown etc..... By the way, I mentioned about Dulee having personal problems, and it might be affecting his movement to bigger teams and will stand by it no matter what you think. Its my opinion and you have yours. You stated that we are grown including yourself and if that is so, you should know that grown people do as they which and do what they thing is right. We have to be objective, say the true and chat about the real things, be real. It seem that you don't want anything negative said about the players. Well I am sorry, if anyone mess up or have a problem that was in the press, like it was with Dulee (his problem was the reason he was sold to AIK in the first place. You ask for proof, well this was in the Swedish press, on Dulee own site and this site). I did not just mentioned personal problem out of the clear blue sky, OK; thank you.

Enough of personal problems because its not the issue. The issue was why Liberian players are not getting into the big leagues. To clarify my staement for your understanding, I will state the following. I am with you and everyone that is not in favor of saying negative things about our players. Notwithstanding, we have to face the facts. Based on the facts, being realistic and the way this footbal (sports) business works or operate you have to take into consideration that teams in the big leagues did in fact considered Dulee's problem that was in the swedish press when negociating for his transfer.

Please read my statement again and you will see that I was not putting Dulee down but been real. I never mentioned what the problem was. I said personal problem because it is his personal problem. Unfortunately, this personal problem may be affecting his movement to the big leagues. I am sorry but this is the way they operate in this business. If you also read the end of the post, it read that Dulee may move to the big league if he inproves on his personal problems. Look, I don't think any of us (LOne Star Lovers) want to bring any player down. Please in the future read a statement and take it as it is and not conclude based on your bais.

By the way, if you have been reading my posts on this site, you will notice that I will hit the point and express my opinion based on facts and nothingelse. Sometime people don't want to hear because of bais. I will not be bais to anyone, I will express my opinion based on the facts. You may not agree with me but its the facts. But remember, I will never, never abuse anyone on this site. You must also remember that these guys are public fugures and they are subject to this. This is not only with us but its happening all over the world. Its unfortunate that their personal life is in the eyes of the public, it comes with the territory bro.

Smartfootball

Back to top Go down

Post by Danield Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:08 pm

Wow...... This is interested. Now, if you guys want to have a conversation about what Opinions are, or what is Facts, or as Mr. Delazoe1 accause me of Misconsturing people's comments, or how we could be Objective and Respectful at the same time, or being Real or Bais, or maybe the difference of being age grown and actually acting grown, I strongly welcome those important conversations. Now, from what i have read it appears that the both of you guys are over age 30 or early which means you guys can be consider as my big brothers in which i would've exspected a better understanding and reasoning in my respond, but unfortunately not. I could've been doing some college work but i will take this time to respond and address issues rised by the both of you guys respectively.

Delazoe1, I would first apperciate the fact that you talk about commitment, good managers, focused, self determination, goals... just to name a few, which are very important to my concerns and part of what i would like to see happen, discussed, and helped finding a solution to on this site instead of the too much baseless and fornothing talking that goes on..on the chat. Having said that, you said you wonder why our players has the talents but don't make it on tryouts in europe. you than asked a question, 'Do I think if it's all due to having a good program'?your ans was to you it's just a portion of it, well sir if you read my post, the last paragraph in which you recognized there was nothing said that indicated it being all due to good programs. I would believed that you would've also better understood the war factor then I would to help answer your question. You also question my understanding of what opinions and facts were and that I was a lil off on the issue and getting it all mix up. Well, I figure that you are the one that has got it mix up because if you carefully read my post, and even the George Weah's topic i was speaking on the larger point as to how we could've a conversation and still be respectful not to only those we conversated about but ourselfs. When you brings a person's personal life in a conversation that you or the press don't have an all facts to, you're crossing the line and that's disrespect... that's not opinion niether is it a fact. check your Dictionary for a larger understanding sir. Also, the comparism was about Daye's short-coming in europe as to Dulee's in which again, the facts didn't match. Finally, Mr. Delazoe1, when you read my post you need to look at the logics and a larger view or point in which iam speaking from before you respond or question anything about it. I've not and will never question anybody's opinion but you need to first understand what opinions and facts are.

Smartfootball, Thanks for recognizing the sense in which i was speaking from. On the other hand, I totally find nothing sad about me asking for a proved when you or anybody said something that you knows nothing about or has nothing to back it up. Not even the Swedish press that you mention does. But what I found sad is for you to make a serious statement about this men's personal problems or life and think you're having na opinion of it. You also talk about us being objective and being real on the issues. Again, I didn't question your objectives or realness, what I said was we needed to slow down the too much talking baseless talk and actually get real about what the problems are that is affecting the obsents of our players in the very big league that you guys are talking about. Also, my point was you didn't mention the problems because you didn't know so there was no need to bring it up sir. I also understand the fact that they're public figure but what I said was lets have a decent conversation in reference to anyone on this site not just them. Finally. I have no problem with you and Delazoe1 posts, what I've problem with is before you guys or anyone said something about somebody or respond to topics you need to get the facts.

May God bless the LoneStar

Danield

Back to top Go down

Post by Titi12 Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:55 pm

My man, I beg yur! Yur making my head hurt, oh! We are all concerned about our football stars and upset with the LFA so no need to go back and forth.

The fact and the reality is that Dulee had a personal problem (i.e. domestic violence) and that is public knowledge. Whether it's affecting his progress or move to a bigger club, we'll never know, but we can only speculate.

We're not in this forum to fight, argue, be sacarstic, but to put forth ideas and suggestions to better our game. There's no need to go down unnecessary paths. People will always be miscontrued in this chatroom because of their various views and opinions.

FACT: Dulee had personal problem (Domestic violence accusation).
FACT: Our footballers aren't being disrespected, but questioned.
FACT: LFA has no vision & direction and also needs revamping.
FACT: No youth program/development in Liberia.
FACT: We all love LONE STAR.
FACT: We all want our tebelleh to improve.

Take care and God Bless!

Titi12

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartfootball Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:18 pm

Thank you TiTi12, I could not have said it any better. We are not ion this chat room to fight or argue my bro.

Smartfootball

Back to top Go down

Post by Danield Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:59 pm

Hey Guys... hope things are fine. TiTi12, hope you've felt much better from yesterday since i was harting your head. Look your respond wasn't a suprised to me because we when through the same issue on the Weah's topic. You and those guys shared the same view as to how we could have a decent sports conversation or anything without being disrespectful to our public figures and ourselfs. It's sad that after reading my last post you of all person would suggest that I'm some how being a Fighter or sacarstic. No disrespect, but it makes me wondow if you've been or really understand what you're talking about. Any Learned person would've undrestood that I was just making clear my points from a previous post that was clearly misunderstood. I don't know about you but I was thought to defind or make clear on where i stand on issues in a forum or conversation. So again, I'm making it clear, not fighting or being sacarstic sir.

I have no problem with you, Smartfootball, Delazoe1, or anybody's various points, views, or opinions because I can't chance it. But what I suggested in my post and will again is that we slow down the too much talking and take into consideration the fact that we and our FA has some cirtical and very important issues that needs to be addressed to help better the game and those guys we all want to see in the big league. I think Monroviaboy said it right on the George Weah's topic,"Talk is Cheap".
We all can talk and make good points, but how many of us are actually putting those words into some actions???

Lastly, Like I stated in my previous post, If we're going to go low on this site and just talk down folks disrespectfully and think we're having an opinion on issues, I, and I think others that talk with reasoning wouldn't be a part. Lets be cirtical but consiederate at the same time guys. Our players are trying their best with no help from the LFA or MYS. They're also making mistakes from the things they do off the field, but lets be fair when making the points.

May God bless the Lone Star

Danield

Back to top Go down

Post by Titi12 Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Look Danield, please don't get defensive or take offense to my facts! I never said you in particular was making my head hurt instead, I said yur which is my/our Liberian lingo for your (you, Smartfootball, Delazoe1). By the way, it was a joke! All I meant was that we're talking about the wrong things amongst ourselves because the bottom line is, we all want the same thing and that is for Liberian football to improve and for our stars to make us proud.

I was only trying to end all this/that halahala so we can focus and discuss the problem (i.e LFA). I could care less what people in this chat room think about me because they don't know me personally. I know that I haven't disrespected and/or insulted anybody on this site.

Like I said before, no one is disrespecting anybody, but we have the right to question things if we choose. The man (Dulee) was in a well publicized trouble with the law in Sweden so whats the big deal with that. Because Smartfootball agreed with my last post which are all facts you figure I was talking directly to you. To be honest, that's being defensive and paranoid. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's not disrespect or an insult.

In the George Weah college/education forum, I mentioned that I think all of us might be doing what we can in our own way. Which may or may not be true and I could care less, but not everybody is into publicizing what they're doing because it's not about them.

What I do, is between me and my God. Take care and God Bless!

Titi12

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down