Tebelleh Chat Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is Luis Crayton?

4 posters

Go down

Where is Luis Crayton? Empty Where is Luis Crayton?

Post by luseniiw Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:29 pm

I do not know if you guys have thought about it, but I think we need Luis Crayton back on this team. Liberia will not survive with a goalkeeper of Melvin King's status. We need experience and good goalkeeping. This is the worst I have seen of a Liberian goalkeeper. Are there better options out there than Crayton? If not, some please talk to Hey about him.

luseniiw

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Where is Luis Crayton? Empty Re: Where is Luis Crayton?

Post by Smartfootball Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:28 pm

You are so right, in my opinion the Libyian, Gambia, Algeria and the Senegal games Melvin was the cause of almost all the goals; he is good but is missing experience. I think Sunday Seah is the option, I think he is on camp with the team. When the team was in training, I indicated similar but Deport Road and MonroviaBoy said Melvin did well in two test matches so he was the man. I spoke of the experience factor and Duport Road said King was the leader of the team and should not be replaced. Now Melvin inexperience is showing. However, I don't think he will be replace now so I hope he learn from his mistakes.

Smartfootball

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Duport Road Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:58 pm

lol......thanks for quoting me! My brother Melvin is a good keeper who is on the brink of gaining what is takes to be a great keeper....go back and watch the games....not just this one.....The second goal in algeria was his fault........the rest has been defensive blunder.....no marking. Melvin can not play goalie and mark men on the field. Guys we shouldn't start the blame game here....this is a very young team and coach is trying to put a team together that can give good results.....I say with the exception of Grandpa and a solid left back the line up that started the senegal game is the line up that give us a chance of winning.....Defensively we need to mark.
Duport Road
Duport Road

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Danield Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:07 am

You're interested Duport Road, I've just register and I should've make my point a topic but i responded to the game pictures topic and i hope you guys read it. I personally don't have any problem with the goalkeeper because i know he would get better after each game, but when you talk about this team being a young team that the coach is putting together to give good results... thats fine, but how can the coach be trying to put a team together for three games now and is still leaving our best front man on the sideline??? I don't get it..., Laffor and Lomell is yet to produce a single Goal and the coach has yet to understand that they are actually midfielders not strikers. It has been three games now guys... and Francis Doe has yet to start but has made a different each time he came in. If we are to get good results we need the right players at the right positions so they can produce.If we're to qualify we need to score and i believe with Doe and Williams up front we will get some goals. May God bless Liberia and the Lone Star

Danield

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by luseniiw Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:33 pm

This is not about the blame game. We need to be objective. When you have a not so good defense, you do not need an okay goalkeeper or someone developing. Right now, Lone star stands no chance of progressing with the productivity we are getting out of the goalkeeper. Had the referee not saved us in the last game, we would have lost to senegal from the dropped cross. I have seen Melvin in action twice and I am not impressed. Maybe, being a former keeper, I am very hard, but I am not impressed. If you look at great teams around the world, their goalkeepers are always veterans. It is because that position requires a whole lot. It is not a position of youth on the international level. I hope we see better this weekend, but if we don't let's not be surprised.

luseniiw

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Duport Road Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:43 pm

I hope for a better result............I also hope that the defenders and mid-fielder mark player instead of letting them free and expect melvin to be Jesus in the goal. Luseniiw as a former goalie you should know that.............Ok Melvin needs to be more vocal especially in dead ball situations...corners and free kicks.

I look forward to a good result next Sunday...
Duport Road
Duport Road

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down