Tebelleh Chat Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I won't Give Up- Daniel Weah

Go down

I won't Give Up- Daniel Weah Empty I won't Give Up- Daniel Weah

Post by Duport Road Sun May 11, 2008 12:02 pm

I Won’t Give Up’
Liberian striker Daniel Weah-Daniel Weah

Sweden-based Liberian striker Daniel Weah alias ‘Gullit’ was hoping to get his first call on the Lone Star, but the player along with other foreign-based players were not included on the list of twenty-six players selected for the training camp in Germany.

However, the young goal puncher stated that his exclusion is a just a challenge for him to keep putting up more impressive displays so as to attract the attention of the Lone Star head coach, Antoine Tony Hey.

“I don’t see the decision of the coach not to call me as a defeat. I am not discouraged either. But, what I can say is that I will not give up until I get my reward for what I am doing in Sweden.

“In fact, the players called by the coach are all my big brothers. They are the ones whose footsteps we are following so that we can take over from them in the future. I wish them and the entire team well in Germany. I am among the many Liberian citizens that are on their knees praying for the national team to excel,” Weah stated.

He then encouraged his colleagues to take the training in Germany seriously so as to produce good results during the qualifiers.

Weah argued that the Lone Star would only do well in the 2010 World Cup qualifiers provided the players perform to the best of their ability.

The former Olympic FC forward, who now plays for Jonsereds IF in Sweden, believes that with discipline, determination, Loyalty and commitment, the Liberian national football team could be one of the countries representing Africa in South Africa at the 2010 World Cup finals.

“I am impressed by the 2-0 away win over Sudan and the 2-0 home victory against Sierra Leone. The 1-0 away loss to Oman was not a bad result for us, considering the fact that there were not many of our top European-based players involved in those games. So, I say we did extremely well,” Weah says.
Duport Road
Duport Road

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down