Tebelleh Chat Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWAL ban on LFA

4 posters

Go down

SWAL ban on LFA Empty SWAL ban on LFA

Post by georgehenries Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:19 pm

I think this is a total shame for the sport writers association. Instead finding solutions and ways to solve the the problem. They are becoming problematic. What good does it do you if you place a boycott of the LFA.Why can't we Liberians settle problem the easy, but always behave like enemy to our own people. That is a stupid decision by the sport writers association. Liberian need to graduate from those days of confusion and move toward building each other up. If someone make a mistake it shouldn't be turn into battle. Now we the readers are being affected by this stupidity, this is the only website i know to get Liberian football news from but now I'm seeing this foolishness. These guys are grown men acting like a bunch of five year old it's time to grow up.
georgehenries
georgehenries

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

SWAL ban on LFA Empty Re: SWAL ban on LFA

Post by Monroviaboy Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:23 pm

You think SWAl is wrong...What about the LFA....Did you know that the issues could have been resolved before the games?

LFA was arrogent so the membership of SWAL ( which I am a Member) used its power of numbers and pen...Not war or fight but the ability to protest a disrespect
Read the article below and then come back with you lame tirade

Sports Journalists, LFA Meet Today

Publication Date: July 29, 2010 - 10:00am
Updated: July 29, 2010 - 10:00am
News Section:

SWAL President Williams

SWAL ‘Blackout’ On Agenda

By:
Leroy M. Sonpon, III

Leaderships of the Sports Writers Association of Liberia (SWAL) and the Liberia Football Association (LFA) met to iron out differences between the two bodies. The sports writers recently announced a blackout on all LFA activities, “owing to the continuous disrespect and insolence” the football house levied on the association.
SWAL leader Numennie Williams, in an exclusive interview, told Observer Sports that the blackout on the football House is a result of “insults, humiliation and dishonor”, it had rendered to its members since the ascendancy of Mr. Musa Bility, president of LFA.
Numennie stated that the behavior of the LFA boss of only granting interviews to his station, Truth FM, while in or out of the country, is discriminating.
He indicated that provision of limited passes to SWAL during international games, which do not cover 30% of her membership, is another form of defaming sports writers and bringing it into public ridicule.
“The denial of our members to have access to information is unwarranted. In this light, we want to remind our members, not to cover any football event planned or organized and as well as sponsored by the Liberia Football Association. Our members should not also give coverage to any club or player under the banner of the LFA, until otherwise order,” the SWAL head stressed.
Monroviaboy
Monroviaboy

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-05-06

http://www.liberiansoccer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by georgehenries Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:59 pm

It's not the matter of who's wrong or right, quite frankly I could care less. What I'm saying is, this is no way to handle the situation, we have to get rid of the "pay debt" mentality it does nobody any good. And having a group of individuals calling themselves professionals acting like this is disgraceful. It's not beneficial to anyone, it's very selfish and I wouldn't be so proud to be a member of such organization. Hope that satisfied your desire for my "lame tirade".
georgehenries
georgehenries

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn2g2 Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:40 pm

I agree with u Geogeheries, i find it hard to believe that the SWAL with do something like this. how can u be angry because they give u 5 passes to the game? how is that disrespectful? 5 journalists reporting on one game that is way to much. do u want the LFA to give u 90 passes because u have 90 members? we need to grown up and stop acting like children.
kingjohn2g2
kingjohn2g2

Number of posts : 36

http://www.fcatering.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Monroviaboy Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:31 pm

The LFA wanted to change the Process...SWAL and LFA are partners..
The correct process was to start having meetings and form a committee to come up with a new process...We as Liberians should stop excepting mediocrity. We should be advocating for progress.

I receive a press pass from the MLS to cover ZIZI Roberts when he was playing for Colorado....
I sent my request for credentials from Liberiansoccer.com

The pass was issued to the website..We could send anybody to cover the game...

All the reporters that are members of the Press Houses submit request and they receive passes..that is the International process..Why Liberia has to be different?

Listen to the Star Radio report on the site to get a clear picture of what transpired.
Monroviaboy
Monroviaboy

Number of posts : 121

http://www.liberiansoccer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn2g2 Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Monroviaboy, there is two ways to look at this. First of all this website was set up to report on Liberian players and football so if u guys decide to stop reporting on Liberia football than this site become useless and second the SWAL are sport reporter's so if u guy don't want anything to do with the LFA games it meant u with be out of job, cause u will have nothing to report on. I think who so ever the SWAL boss is, he or she need to be fired
kingjohn2g2
kingjohn2g2

Number of posts : 36

http://www.fcatering.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jbollie Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:38 am

I don't see the need to go back and forth on this issue. I read everybody response about what they think this person suppose to do or how they suppose to do it but my Liberia people don't we think it's about time we look at things positively? This proving a point or pay back situation had already destroyed our beautiful country once, we need to change our game plans the way we approach things. We as Liberian should start by changing ourselves individually first. We need to stop telling others to change. The level of success we experience in life, the happiness, joy, love, external rewards, and impact that we create are all the direct result of how we communicate to ourselves and to others. I think both LFA and SWAL need to find common positive ground of communication and positive approach to issues.

jbollie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum