Tebelleh Chat Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liberian's Chances...........................

+3
dshaun
georgehenries
Duport Road
7 posters

Go down

Liberian's Chances........................... Empty Liberian's Chances...........................

Post by Duport Road Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:46 am

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/teams/team=43865/index.html

We are at the bottom of the group.............what are our chances.................???
Duport Road
Duport Road

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Liberian's Chances........................... Empty Re: Liberian's Chances...........................

Post by georgehenries Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:30 pm

I think that if we can at least get a draw in the next match, we stand a slight chance. A win will be even better but that's hard to get agaist Senegal so lets hope for the best.
georgehenries
georgehenries

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Liberian's Chances........................... Empty FAILURE IS NOT A SUCCESS.

Post by dshaun Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:22 pm

senegal is not as strong like before, if other don believed that we can over come this heavy load, i still believed we can.
lone star must win senegal 2-0 on sunday. the road to south Africa 2010 is still ours. we haven't fall yet, there still a long way,
Remember Algeria lost her first game against Senegal and Senegal drew her second game aganist Gambia so we have a good chance
of making it to either one.

dshaun

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Back to top Go down

Liberian's Chances........................... Empty Re: Liberian's Chances...........................

Post by Weah Fan Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:31 pm

Only In theory, we can make it, yes. But we won't make it unless we bring back our best strikers Dioh Williams, Francis Doe and best midfielder Dulee Johnson...or we can try to call other pros (Grimes, Nimely, Gbemie, Gbandi, Forko etc.) if it's possible now...but I don't think so...

Liberia can't make it with the same selection that played against Algeria. We stand no chance. The local-based can win Sudan and Sierra Leone in a friendly...but these are Algeria and Senegal in World Cup/ANC qualifying campaign. I don't need to remind you that this same Senegal humiliated us 0-3 (Monrovia) and 1-6 (Dakar) in 2005.

If our team stays the same, I can only pray for less goals in the back of the Lone Star net and nothing else.
Weah Fan
Weah Fan

Number of posts : 61

http://www.myspace.com/weahfan

Back to top Go down

Post by liberian Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:12 pm

Liberia still has a good chance. We just need to win our remaining home games and force a draw with Senegal and beat Gambia on the road. This should give us a total of 11 points. Liberia can prevail with the scenarios described below:

scenarios:

Liberia

Liberia VS Gambia 1 : 1

Algeria VS Liberia 3 : 0

Liberia VS Senegal 2 : 0

Gambia VS Liberia 0 : 1

Liberia VS Algeria 2 : 0

Senegal VS Liberia 1 : 1

Total = 11 points

Senegal

Senegal VS Algeria 1 : 0

Gambia VS Senegal 0 : 0

Liberia VS Senegal 2 : 0

Algeria VS Senegal 2 : 2

Senegal VS Gambia 2 : 2

Senegal VS Liberia 1 : 1

Total points = 7

Algeria

Senegal VS. Algeria 1 : 0

Algeria VS Liberia 3 : 0

Gambia VS Algeria 2 : 2

Algeria VS Senegal 2 : 2

Liberia VS Algeria 2 : 0

Algeria VS Gambia 2 : 0

Total Points = 8

Gambia

Liberia VS Gambia 1 : 1

Gambia VS Senegal 0 : 0

Gambia VS Algeria 2 : 2

Gambia VS Liberia 0 : 1

Senegal VS Gambia 2 : 2

Algeria VS Gambia 2 : 0

Total points = 4

liberian

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartfootball Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:57 pm

I agree with Weah Fan, with the current team we cannot make it. I can't understand how the coach can put local players ahead of pros. With all due respect to the locals, these games are on a higher level than the Liberian League. The pros are playing at a higher level and the coach should know that. Why is he using local players consistantly. He have Ben Teklah on the banch and have Weeks and James Zaitiah (mispell) playing ahead of him! And yes, Dioh and Grandpa broke the rules, but they both are the best strickers we have, they have apologized, we need them. Like Monroviaboy said, we are not rebuilding, we need to make it to both SA and Angola or at least Angola. The few experience and pro players we have are not on the team, they are sitting on the banch. We have a group of low league players starting. I am sorry, they cannot win. Why can't we call Sam Wowahou (mispell) an experience SK, Grime, Gbandi, Patrick, Gbemie and Forko all are more experience and play in a higher level leagues than that of Indonesia and Liberia.

What make this guy think he can win with this group of players. His SK have not score a goal yet. The lone goal was from a midfielder (Oliver Marker) that he put in the Gambia game in the second half. Koko is good, but he is a midfielder, not a SK. Coach, you need to put our best players in. You cannot make it with this team, it is too young and inexperience. Comeback on the site and explain to your reasons for using these low league players at key positions. We have experience players on the banch or playing in Europe that you can use but is not. Our defense on the wings are poor. You have to do better or you may be out of a job by the end of the first round.

I am not impress with your selections. You are not playing Dulee Johnson in the Middle of the midfield, instead, you are playing him on the wings to give way to low league players out of Indonesia. Dulee is said to be the best midfielder in Sweden, he plays the middle and you are playing him on the wings, Whats up like that? Don't stay away from the site, come back and let us know why you seclected these players ahead of more experience pros. Liberia can do better than that, you need to use the best we have. You stated on one of star radio interview that you was calling both old and young players to the team and build the young players around the old one. But you are kept the old players on the banch in the Gambia game until the second half. The old guy score your only goal in that game. You started one in the Algeria game and I believed you play another partially. How can you build around the old when you have them on the banch.

Smartfootball

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by IE Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:35 pm

Guys, let us be professional about our criticism; this guys is a professional and he knows what he is doing. We will beat Senegal.

IE

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down