Tebelleh Chat Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another defeat

+5
lonester14
Monroviaboy
luseniiw
dshaun
tabellahtech
9 posters

Go down

another defeat Empty another defeat

Post by tabellahtech Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:18 am

With the defeat of yesterday, bags of goals, and the lack of scorers on the national team, coupled with bizarre defending, we can consider ourselves out of the joint Fifa and CAF qualification campaign. We should also consider talking Louis Crayton, Debbah and others out of retirement. A team that can only manage draws at home will definitely suffer defeats away.

tabellahtech

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

another defeat Empty down under

Post by tabellahtech Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:19 am

Duport Road, down under is Australia

tabellahtech

Back to top Go down

another defeat Empty WE NEED OUR OLD PLAYER BACK ON THE TEAM.

Post by dshaun Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:29 pm

thank for the suggestion you brought before us, i personaly new that with out those old guys we can not be able to defeat any other team. it has been proven since the beginning of this qualification. even told we need a young team but we still need to mix them up with the old players. the coach also comtributed to our defeat. we had the right player for this tournament but to our greatest suprise they were not call to justified them self. this coach was once a coach of gambia national team, but due to his poor performance the job was taking away from him. guys i which we have the power to gave this job to the former player joe nagbe. like other country are doing. the country pay this coach good money so we can have the right team for this tournament.

dshaun

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Back to top Go down

another defeat Empty Re: another defeat

Post by luseniiw Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:08 pm

I like the Joe Nagbe proposal. I think he got his coaching license and with European experience, he sould be a good fit. We shoud also pay him as well as any coach if he has the credentials.

luseniiw

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Monroviaboy Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:17 pm

luseniiw wrote:I like the Joe Nagbe proposal. I think he got his coaching license and with European experience, he sould be a good fit. We shoud also pay him as well as any coach if he has the credentials.

Joe Nagbe is not ready to coach Liberia,
National team coaching is not a training Ground
Monroviaboy
Monroviaboy

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-05-06

http://www.liberiansoccer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lonester14 Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:45 pm

I think our defeat is due to very poor goal keeping.... look at all the goals scored against us. This goal keeper is the weakest i have seen on for the Lonestar, don't really know what this coach see in this guy.... our goal keeper sucks guys! Take good look at all the games. I still think our defence is not bad. M.king has to go!

lonester14

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

another defeat Empty liberia needs more preparation

Post by terbite Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:13 am

liberia will do well if the players play friendly matches regularly against top teams in africa. without friendly matches one cannot know the right players and tactics to use.

terbite

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Titi12 Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:09 pm

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at you guys.........hahahaha! lol! What did you expect? A miracle! We can't even win our home games. Football nowadays is about planning, preparation, and development. I said it before in a piece (Developing Youth Soccer In Liberia) that I wrote which none of you dare to comment on. All you guys want to comment on is formation, strategy, blah, blah. Until we have a decent youth program or start developing youth football/soccer, you guys will continue to get head and heart aches. LFA, MYS, Lone Star will continue to plan to fail because of short term goals. The Lone Star goal should be 2012 Olympics and ANC which will give us four years to get the right players and team. Because of some kind of fiasco camp in Germany and Morocco we thought we're world beaters. The first sign was when half of the team didn't show up. We Liberians are too easy to get excited because we don't have no vision for the Lone Star. Right now is the time to focus on rebuilding the team since obviously we aren't going anywhere. Invite young players for the reminding games so we can plan and figure them into the team. Drop Oliver and Kelvin because they're aren't the future. No pain no gain! Winning now or in the short term doesn't benefit the Lone Star in the long run.

Titi12

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by lonester14 Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:17 pm

Well said but i disagree with you droping of oliver and kelvin......you need old and young on the team. Who scored the most goals so far?? the younger guys?

lonester14

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Titi12 Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:32 pm

FYI, Oliver is my cuz, but right now the future of Lone Star is more important than my family. We need to rebuild and Oliver and Kelvin aren't the future! There's nothing wrong with having a young team and setting attainable goals for them. We're focused on 2010 WC instead of having a 4-5 year plan. Now that we aren't going to South Africa, what are the plans for the future. Any thoughts about trying to get a young team that could try to get to the 2012 Olympics which is 4 years away. Bro, we have to think long term. Where do you think Appiah, Essien, Muntari, Gyan, etc came from? The Ghanian Olympic team!

Titi12

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by liberian Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:55 pm

All is not lost yet as Liberia still have a realistic chance of making it to the nation cup. All we need is win our remaining games in October and pray that Senegal plays both Gambia and Algeria to a draw. If that happens then the group will end like this:

Senegal 10 Points

Liberia 8 points

Algeria 7 Points

Gambia 6 points.

I know you guys are very skeptical about our chances but Senegal cannot afford to lost any of her remaining 2 games since Algeria could take over the group incase that happens. Let keep our fingers cross. There is still football to be played.

liberian

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by tabellahtech Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:46 pm

Liberian Today, I like your optimistic nature but is not supprising at all. We did the same nonsense in the Korea/Japan qualifiers and hoped for what you are now hoping. It didn't work. It is better to work hard and achieve desirable results than relying on the efforts of others.

Your hope is a possibility though.

tabellahtech

Back to top Go down

Post by liberian Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:11 pm

If my predictions above come thru and Liberia emerges as the second team in group 6, it is still possible for Liberia to advance to the second stages of the world cup qualifier. Currently, all the first teams in the various groups will automatically advance to the wc qualifying stage. CAF needs 20 teams in this stage. Thus, as per the calculation CAF will allow 8 of the best number 2 teams from the 12 groups to join the 12 number one teams from the qualifier to compete in the wc stage. Liberia could very well be named as one of the 8 best second place team if they can end as the second place team in group 6. Additionally, South Africa will not be participarting as one of the team since they already qualified as the host. Therefore CAF will need to select the best 8 teams from 11 groups which increases Liberia's chance to participart in stage 2.

Click on the link below for explaination.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/7461676.stm

liberian

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Danield Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:03 pm

Yo Titi12 you my men.. man.. HAHAHAHA... i just had to laugh too.. ! you know it's crazy how some of us (Liberians) always get excited for less and settle for litle of nothing that certainly don't benefit or improved our soccer development... Short term goals with a white coach without a decent plan wouldn't help our game in that country... it would just keep making guys like Liberian today, Lonester14, and all other Lone Star fans to keep wishing, hoping, and depending on other results to get us to where we want to go.. it sad you know. Look at how other countries are developing, why? because they're setting long term goals and investing in youth programs.. perparing for games like the olympics and stuff. But all we want to do is bring in some white coach that can't even get a good job in europe and set out a two weeks camp and think we going somewhere. What! HAHAHAHA... it's really funny. May God bless the Lone Star.

Danield

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down