Tebelleh Chat Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Program to keep Hey engaged

+2
Titi12
tabellahtech
6 posters

Go down

Program to keep Hey engaged Empty Program to keep Hey engaged

Post by tabellahtech Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 am

Well, Titi12, I think there is some sign that the LFA, and may be the MYS , is thinking about putting forward a plan that could keep Antoine Hey around for some time. However, whether the program mentioned by the Secretary General, George Williams, of the LFA envisages Mr. Hey's engagement and that of the MYS and the LFA itself in developing young talents and improving the current squad remain an issue of national concern.
I would suggest that the MYS and LFA employ a liaison officer with vast knowledge in sports. This officer must possess good computer and analytical skills and must be automous. With such an officer, one of whose duties could be critically analyzing and critiguing relevent sports data and blogs and making genuine and paramount recommendations to the MYS and LFA for implimentation, in place I believe that the development of sports, not just football, will be a reality.
As you may all know, there are a lot of governments and organizations out there who are willing help in the reconstruction of Liberia and I don't think they would hesitate to channel their assistances through a genuine program aimed at developing sports in the country.

tabellahtech

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Program to keep Hey engaged Empty Re: Program to keep Hey engaged

Post by Titi12 Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:05 pm

Tabellahtech, the problem is that the LFA & MYS are not in sync. In my opinion, the LFA should be under the MYS umbrella. The Lone Star or LFA is just a fraction of sports in Liberia. Hopefully, when the MYS get it's house in order, they'll implement sports program that will benifit Liberia. All the MYS has to do is solicit funds from develop countries stressing the importance of engaging the Liberian youths which is in turn a contribution to rebuilding Liberia. In order to decentralize the development of sports in Liberia, the County Meet is a great tool/start. The County Meet just needs better direction, more structure and great vision. The County Meet can be use for track & field, boxing, football, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, etc, etc. That way talents from all the counties will be fully represented and sports will not just be centered in and around Monrovia. For half of Hey's monthly pay, I'll make the move to Liberia and set them straight. Smile

Titi12

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Danield Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:35 pm

Teballahtect and Titi12, the both of you guys brings a lot to the table. those are all great ideas, but to be honest with ourselves.. the both of you know that those floks we have at the MYS and LFA are not ready to get engage and implement all of those great ideas. If we had the right people in charge that had interest in decentralizing the development of sports in Liberia, it could've been done long time ago. The change we all hope for that would keep us involved and conpetitive in every area of sports in Liberia wouldn't start unless we change the floks we have at the top and elect people that has interest in the development of sports. May God bless the Lone Star.

Danield

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by tabellahtech Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:35 am

Why would the 3 of us possess such ideas and seem to be concording on major and minor issues while others and those in authorities don't get any closer to them? I believe, with a genuine response to this question, we could get things shifted to benefit the entire country and may be the world at large.

Titi12, the county meet is a corner stone for all sports in that country. They just don't pick up its importance. I personally got a glimpse of the magnificent talents the country has. They just languish about when they don't get any support from the sport authorities.

Danield, you are right about replacing those inactive folks but that is a bigger problem than it looks (owing to the corrupt culture of the country). I think it is easier to persuade one or two of those inactive guys who could in turn do the job. This option is not also easy as it is difficult to teach an old dog a new trick. However, this is more effective and could not result into violence, which you and I don't want.

Let's just keep on doing our stuff and posting the right ideas and suggestions. Some of those guys might visit this site and who knows what?

tabellahtech

Back to top Go down

Post by tabellahtech Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:44 am

Guys, have u realized that Monroviaboy only seems to be copying and pasting stories instead of actually raising an issue for discussion?
I think duport road is fast becoming inactive.
The factors of good ideas are having an impact. Keep the posts coming in. I foresee them shifting from their team formation, results and team news logic to a more viable, comprehensive and analytic approach.

tabellahtech

Back to top Go down

Post by Monroviaboy Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:14 am

I post the stories on the site for disscussion...

My insite comes from the flow of you guys here
Monroviaboy
Monroviaboy

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-05-06

http://www.liberiansoccer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Duport Road Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:15 pm

tabellahtech wrote:Guys, have u realized that Monroviaboy only seems to be copying and pasting stories instead of actually raising an issue for discussion?
I think duport road is fast becoming inactive.
The factors of good ideas are having an impact. Keep the posts coming in. I foresee them shifting from their team formation, results and team news logic to a more viable, comprehensive and analytic approach.

lol---Tabellahtech are you kidding me?? Me becoming inactive...........far from truth! I have been very busy lately........see below.

It's amazing how people swing like clothes hanging ( in the direction of the wind) A couple of months ago this guy was the best thing that ever happened to Liberia. Now he is the worst thing that ever happened to Liberian football. Get Real guys----The job of taking Liberian Soccer to where it belong is not an over night job. This guy has been on the job for 3.5 to 4 months. Realistically do we expect all our problems to be taken care of in that period? Impossible!!! At this point MYS & LFA needs to go back and access the program. In my eyes we are heading in the right direction. Yes, we need to change some things not all. Folks it takes years, funding and planning to build teams ..Liberia only get serious when we have World Cup/CAN around the corner. The results over the last couple of game are ok considering we do not have a comprehensive program......these are the price we have to pay! Look at Ghana...Abedi son is a starter in France and is not even on the Senior National team. He plays under 21...in a couple of years the transition to the Full Squad will be smooth.

Suggestion;- Keep this core team together, Murphy Nagbe, Solomon Grimes, Ben Teekloh, Dulee Johnson, Jimmy Dixon, Melvin King, Clarence Roberts, Grandpa Doe, Koko Lomell, A. Laffor, Zah Kranga, Theo Weeks, James Zotiah, Stephen Mannoh, Christian Essel, Esiah Benson, Biokai Foday. Recruit- Collins John, David Gbemei, Willlis Forko, Chris Gbandi, Sandy Gbandi, Alex Nimely and others to the team.

Coaching; If Hey does not want to be a part of the program hire a coach who is not just an x/o guy but a teacher. Give him time and funding to build a team. Set realisitc goal, bench mark/targets. Over the next couple of months there are opportunity for test matches leading up to the september games. Also 2009 we should play at least 7 friendly games....which should help generate revenues while getting those guys feet wet......

We should not look at the result as negative....

Gambia- The team that played us just went to the youth world cup

Senegal and Algeria Went to the African Cup of Nations.......

Think about that???
Duport Road
Duport Road

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Duport Road Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:24 pm

comments from Dulee Johnson

[size=9][size=24]However, Liberia international striker Dulee Johnson told Goal.com in an exclusive interview, some of the contributing factors for the poor showing of his team.

“It’s actually very hard to say because people who really know football, and Liberian citizens all around the world, know that this is a new team, and this is a new coach,” said Dulee, who plays for Swedish club AIK.

“We definitely were going to take the time needed for the team to get together and then try to qualify for the Nations Cup. Although that is not what I hoped for, but for us playing in Europe, we were aware that something like that was on the way because we all are new together. This is a very young team compared to other African countries, so I think time should be given to the team; of course we are disappointed but that’s part of football and that is reality.”
Liberia’s German coach Antoine Hey has given some hints over doubts that he will continue his position coach after the team’s ousting but Dulee believes better planning will be instrumental.
“Actually he is a very good coach and he tried to do his best in all capacities for the team to qualify, but I guess he knows that this is a tough group with Senegal and Algeria, and of course, Gambia also are not a bad team. For him to consider quitting would not be a good idea, and not so good for the country.”
What does the future hold for Liberian football then? The 24-year-old added: “I guess a lot of Liberian players are thinking of facing another challenge to play in a bigger league, and I think that will help the national team and Liberian football compared to the likes of Ghana, or Nigeria, who have many players playing in the English Premiership. This will be a big step forward in raising the standard of Liberian football at the moment.”
Duport Road
Duport Road

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Danield Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:40 pm

Tabellatech,.. that's a fine suggestion. but like you said we will hope it would work but it's just not easy for a men who is so used to a certain way of living to just quit over a year sir. HAHAHA... it's funny but that's the way those guys are living in that country, corruptions... from top government officials to little organizations. especially guys that leave this country (USA) without any good intention of giving back and doing the right things, so what about those folks that been there, when through the war, and don't even have the light to a better life,.. they're all going to keep stealing to make life and forget the things that actually need to be done, undone. It's a petty. So i would suggest that to first get folks that don't have interest in the development of sports and are not doing the right things out,.. we (the Liberian people) all around the world start electing folks to those positions with a real sports election where those that are interested tell us what their plans are and what would they do different to improved the game all over the country. once we do that, you will see people getting serious, folks like you and Titi12 with all those great ideas getting ready to go home, put out your plans, get elected and do the right things to put us back on track. Put right now with those little appointments, if you're not part of those guys corruptional plans, you are not getting in. It's a larger problem, and we need to start from somewhere very important. May God bless the Lone Star.

Danield

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartfootball Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:00 am

Hey Duport Road, Correction; Algeria did not make it to the last Notions Cup in Ghana. Oh and yes, I am looking at the results as negative because the selection of the starters were poor and the defense including the keeper were bad especially the keeper (Melvin King), his inexperience showed. Like I said before it is not time for this guy to start, he made many costly mistakes. He's not ready and it showed.

Smartfootball

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Titi12 Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:18 pm

Duport Road, first, I'm gald you're talking about other important stuff and great suggestions. I might be wrong, but all of your, were getting on my last nerves with the formation and prediction business. Second, call out the folks that where happy about Coach Hey because I wasn't so thrill since he won't solve Liberia's football problems. I for one stated that I wasn't happy with all the money they were paying him in the first place. Since LFA had already made their decision, it was a mute point, but I said my peace anyway and came up with ideas and suggestions that could help put Liberian football back on track. When I wrote my piece in May, you guys were all talking about game strategy, formations, and predictions while ignoring my piece which was never ever commented on. Finally, I'm glad to see you come around and giving suggestions about the future of Lone Star. If you want to read my piece, check out all my posts or search for "Developing Youth Soccer In Liberia" in the chat room. Until then, thanks for the suggestions and that's what we need instead of worrying about 2010. We all know that Liberian football have some major issues and they all start with the LFA because they lack vision, planning, structure, etc, etc. Who knows, maybe they might steal some of our ideas from this chat room and start doing the right things. By the way, have Coach Hey decided to take a hiatus from the chat room? God Bless Lone Star!

Titi12

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Danield Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:40 pm

What's up Titi12, man... didn't you figure from the start that Mr.Hey wasn't going to be an active men on this site.... well if you didn't, i did. When he visited the site back than he thought he had something important to say. He came and introduce himself and had all those short term goals lovers excited that we had a good white coach, but my thoughts were was he really ready to have a real conversation with us on this site where we could disagree to agree. My answer to those thoughts are he isn't. Mr.Hey just incase you're still visiting this site which i think you is, then why ain't you responding to all the important issues that has been raised in reference to the development of the game?? Come back and lets keep the conversation interested sir. But Titi12 i was just trying to help adress your concern. I know he still do visit this site but he is never going to respond because he not ready to have a real conversation, and i don't think he has anything important to say to us. May God bless the Lone Star.

Danield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum