Tebelleh Chat Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can still help Lone Star - Weah

+2
Weah Fan
Monroviaboy
6 posters

Go down

I can still help Lone Star - Weah Empty I can still help Lone Star - Weah

Post by Monroviaboy Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:59 am

I can still help Lone Star - Weah

I can still help Lone Star - Weah _44813895_weahshades203
Weah was the 1995 World Footballer of the Year

Former Liberia captain and World Player of the Year George Weah says that he still has a role to play with the national team.

Weah is currently in the US studying, ruling out a full-time position with the Lone Star
Monroviaboy
Monroviaboy

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-05-06

http://www.liberiansoccer.com

Back to top Go down

I can still help Lone Star - Weah Empty Re: I can still help Lone Star - Weah

Post by Weah Fan Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:15 pm

The King can help us for sure and even turn things around. We have waited for so long for him to come back to the team as a coach/technical director. I don't need to remind you how the LFA and MYS officials fought to keep him out of Liberian football! And thanks to that, the Lone Star team has suffered enormously and was only going downhill since George Weah's departure in 2002. I guess we all know the story.

That's why we definetely need George's assistance and I salute him for showing, once again, great love for the Lone Star. If only some folks would RESPECT that properly....
Weah Fan
Weah Fan

Number of posts : 61

http://www.myspace.com/weahfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Monroviaboy Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:12 am

I do not understad why hey did not acept help from Weah. He cam e to Liberia and did not know anything about the team or culture. he had an experienced person wanting to help.

Weah also said he had scouted Liberian players and wanted them to tryout for the team. HHey did not want any players Weah scouted. Weah did not say to put them on the team. he said for them to fight for jersey..that is great for compitition.

Why hey did not do that is suspect
Monroviaboy
Monroviaboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titi12 Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:23 pm

The King can start helping us by opening an academy in his homeland of Liberia like some of his professional football friends (ex. Patrick Viera & Abedi Pele) are doing in their homelands. He can also help by talking to his European contacts (Bursculoni & Wenger) to foot the bill for or contribute to such an academy which could be use as a feeder program for either AC Milan or Arsenal. ASEC Mimosa in the Ivory Coast is a gateway for most of the Ivorain players because they have a connection with the Belgium club Beveren. Helping Liberian soccer can come in so many different ways so we need action instead of just talk. Talk is cheap especially when everybody knows that he can do more or better. Which Liberian has the contacts and resources to help develop youth soccer in Liberia? The king! He's talking about Liberia needs programs why can't he open an academy which will be the start of a program. It makes me mad because we Liberians like the big shot business, we want people to beg us or hold our feet so we can put our chest in the air and feel proud. From my observation, it's because of pride that the King hasn't open an academy in Liberia yet. Don't get me wrong, we do need the King, but he needs to get of his high horse as well because Mama Liberia is more important than petty conflicts. He needs to be the bigger man and do what is right and that is make concrete strides in developing the game in Liberia. He doesn't need the LFA to open an academy! The truth shall set you free, God bless!

Titi12

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartfootball Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:46 pm

Titi12, I see your point. Weah left the game or abanden helping the game when he ran into problems with LFA to become President of the football house. I personnally was glad to have Weah as President of the LFA and also mad at Ms. Wesley and the rest that blocked him.

However on the other hand, Weah completly withdrew from Liberian Soccer after that. This is where I agree with you my bro, If Weah love the game so much and want the game in Liberia to inprove he should have gone a different direction like an Academy or so. Instead, he went into politics. He said he is a technical man in the game, why the Liberian people (LFA) done call him. Well, he should not wait for the call rather, start his own program and soccer school. If he want to help, why should he wait for a call to help Mama Liberia? The King can help in so many ways but refuse to because of the leadership and actions of the LFA. How can you want to help your high school but refuse because they did not make you the Head Master.

Weah is stil the greatest soccer player ever in my book, but just that. I heard he take things real personal if he don't have his ways, I did not want to believe that, but when listening to some of his teamates doing the Presidential Election on how he will put you on his bad list or bench you if you disagree with him and how he abanden the game in Liberia because of the situation with the LFA is something to think about. This guy want and may become President of Liberia, is this how he will rule? Will anyone be able to disagree with him and go free? Please, this is not personal. Weah is one of my soccer hero.

Smartfootball

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Titi12 Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:22 pm

The man is my soccer hero as well and Oliver Makor is my cousin, but I speak the truth and don't whole anything back. The man really don't care about Liberian soccer or Liberia. It's all lip service or cheap talk. Opening an academy in Liberia will create jobs, etc which will also be helping Liberian soccer and the Liberian economy. He abandon the game/Liberia/LFA because of position/power with his rift with the LFA. It just shows what power can do to people. He can be the head of his own academy and sure the LFA that he's capable of contributing to the game in Liberia anyhow. He doesn't need the LFA to open/build an academy. From his recent interview on BBC he's only going to school to try to become president or advance his political career, that tells me he's a pwoer hungry person. His misconcpetion is that education means/equals power. If he help create jobs, help the needy, and contribute to the economy, that will be great, but most of the contributions people are making are opening nightclubs and what good is that for the Liberian people. Build a school or something, but instead nightclub. God bless Mama Liberia and Lone Star!

Titi12

Back to top Go down

Post by Monroviaboy Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:18 pm

Titi..You logic seems flawed. Education is for self Empowerment. .nowhere does it say that get will get him State power. He did not say that also. He was blasted for not getting an education. Now he is in the process of doing that and he is still getting blasted. It looks like this man can not please all the people.

The issue of a Soccer academy was looked into by Weah long ago. His efforts were blocked at the time by Snowe and Taylor led GOl. He had started the process and already bought the land. The land he obtain for this is on the RIA highway.
The investors that were going to help with the soccer academy were concerned about stability in Liberia. The war was still ragging in Liberia.

He lives in The US right now going to School. We can not ask him to commit time and resources to a project like that in Liberia when he was burned the last time.

Weah’s team Jr professional in Liberia was a team that produced the likes of Zizi at all. Weah was burned by the folks running the team. It was the first team that paid players a salary. Players had cars and much more then any team in Liberia ever Had .At the time Weah was a player in Europe. It was not the rage it is now for soccer accamady. He did what he could for the game and the players in Liberia.They stole the funds Weah was putting in the team. Now you guys want him to embark on another project remote control. I wonder if any of you tried doing something in Liberia from here that is capitol intensive. You will understand how much you can trust folks back there when you dealing with money.

What I hear here, is that all of the posters on this issue have college degrees. Now Weah is trying to get his and your calling him selfish. I wonder who is really selfish

After the war...Weah left 5 million USD on the table to go to Liberia and talk to the kids about disarmament. He went to Liberia via the UN. He put Liberia before Money and went home... that was before he jumped into the political waters. Weah had a year left on a 3 yr 15 Million dollar contract paying 5 million a year.

Now all this talk here. How many of you will leave that kind of money on the table to go help Liberia for free? When we talk about commitment to Liberia, We forget the commitments Weah has made. We get selfish about our own passion for the game and forget about the man own personal goals.

Now the Power issue...He did not abandon the game for Power. He changed his focus to Politics from Football. That is considering a natural evolution of one's self. To grow and move on to bigger and greater things. That does not mean he left the game. The man has always been in the background. The LFA and MYS have asked him to help before. He said in the the interview that he was tasked with looking for a coach. While he was in that process, the LFA and MYS hired Hey. If he left the game as some here say, then how and why is he consistently tracking Liberian players and scouting talent?

Talk is cheap for true..Weah has put his money and actions up for Liberian football. So when he talks. He can back it up with a track record that NONE can question

Last edited by Monroviaboy on Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Monroviaboy
Monroviaboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Danield Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Look guys... hope we're all fine and is doing well with this bad economy. iam in college and iam at school right now and I'm spending a 120.00 a week to keep my 2004 chevrolet impala moving me around. Those of us Liberians that can vote need to vote Obama our next President!

Ok..., back to soccer... Look, Titi12 i don't know you but have consider respecting your views or
ideas based on some of the important points you have share on this site. We also share the same thoughts on what needs to be done to improved the game in Liberia. But we're going to storngly disagree on the issue of the commitment, love, and contribution of George Weah in the country not just soccer. I just turned 20 years old this year and i left Liberia when i was a little boy, but believe me,... there is nothing any one can tell me or even question the love and commitment weah has or had contributed to Liberia and the soccer team.

Monroviaboy had it right..., you can't keep putting your life, family,time,and big money into things that one isn't being handle well, and two some Liberians don't appreciate anything this men has done for that country we all love and would love to go back and help one day. I was young and out of the country, but i never for get what Weah did for the Lone Star 1996 in south Africa. His club didn't want him to come because of the war but he came and took the financial respondsibilties of Liberia as his own. Why?.. because he was committed and love his country. Weah turn down big offers to play for other european countries just to stay committed to Liberia.

Guys, we (Liberians) need to change the perspective in which we look at things. I know we're all mad about the way folks at LFA and MYS are fucking up the game in the country, but it's time that we learned how to recognize, respect, and appreciate the few Good citizens that Love that country so much cause we dont have many. It's comes a time in a men's life where he's going to want to improved his educational skills if he's limited, it's going to come a time when he needs to focus on his family and get into other things,.. and you just can't get mad at Weah for doing just that. Weah i think has done his part and now it's our time to go back someday and give back in anyways as he did. May God bless the Lone Star.

Danield

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Monroviaboy Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:28 am

Dan,
These guys are all right about the way to improve the game in Liberia. The only problem I have with them is that we want WEAH to take the risk we are not willing to take.

This is a Business, This is the problem with soccer in Liberia. We never address it like a business. Most teams..heck..All the teams are being run out of one or two persons pockets. This has to stop. We need to address this like a Business.

If you are passionate about this school. Contact investors, locate land, get a proposel on paper. Then try to get Weah or the LFA to back the plan. Shop the plan around for investors. This is a Business and can be very profitable.

The Key here..Will the people screeming step up to the plate?

Not only football players or high profile folks are in this business.
Monroviaboy
Monroviaboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titi12 Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:43 pm

Guys, I'm not upset with Weah for empowering himself by going to school. I'm glad he's doing that because it will prepare him to take a leadership role in Liberia. My only skepticism is that during his interview he mentioned how education might have hampered his political career or the presidency. With that said, I personally don't think it was about empowering himself, but more about wanting to be president. My man, that's just my opinion so you can smoke it or leave it! Very Happy Also, he doesn't need to go to school in the US to impact Liberia. Case in point, if he had won the Presidency would he have continue his education in the US? We don't know, but I doubt it. He could have stayed right in Liberia and attended LU/UL while impacting Liberia by being on the grounds as a Senator, Representative, Mayor, enterprenuer, etc so people can see his leadership and managemnt skills. He could have been gaining the much needed managment experience in Liberia. Okay, my bad that's all politics and how did we hget here? Question

About the scracfices Weah made for the Lone Star during the 2002 WC campaign, I commend the man, but he also had his own personal drive/motive of wanting to play on the world biggest soccer stage which is every World Footballer dream so I'll say 50% was for Liberia and the other 50% was for wanting to accomplishing his dream.

Anyway, if I had the money (about $500K) that Weah made , I'll be in Liberia right now doing such (i.e. academy). Writing up proposals isn't the issue, the issue is having the capital and/or contacts/investors to look at the proposals and Weah has both. I'm doing what I can to help Liberia in my own little way and I'm sure you guys are as well. I'm collecting used soccer jerseys from colleges and universities with the hope of sending to Liberia and doing other stuff that I don't want to mention on this site because it's not about me. Maybe because I have so much football respect and admiration for Weah that I'm upset he isn't doing a whole lot more for Liberian football in my eyes.

We can agree to disagree, but we all want Weah to be more involved with Liberian football no matter what.

Titi12

Back to top Go down

Post by Monroviaboy Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:06 pm

Titi12,
Get that proposel together..Duport Road, you and myself will shop it..I have some conections too...But the proposel and expertiese is what i am lacking. ( I aint too proud to beg) Arrow

Lets get it done..!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok back, or should i say ..To politics.
If Weah went to LU and graduated..The 1st thing you will hear is he bought his degree. that was the sole reason to attend in the States..Plus family obligations. his wife was in School here and his kids are also here. He has spent a lot of time away from his family for professional, political and personal commitments.

On Sat mornings when I call weah..he is on the field watching his youngest and i think the best of his kids play ball.

remember..he left professional football stright into Politics..he needs a break and family time..this time in school and with family is doing wondors for the brother...

he still has time to get back into Liberia..let him enjoy his family and get his education....he will be back soon..you can see from his remarks..he is feeling the same pains we feel when lonestar loose
Monroviaboy
Monroviaboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Danield Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:17 pm

LoL..... Titi12 you my men, but your thoughts on what or how much Weah needs to be involved is funny and not at all fair to me. When you make a comment about what a men, not just Weah needs to do or how much he/she needs to get involved, you need to think or take to consideration his interest,his family, his williness,the country's, then your interest. This is not at all a mendatory task that just Weah needs to do or let me use the word "help" with. Liberia is for all of us that was born there or got a rout there to be able to help in what ever way. This is the problem with Liberians and the way "some" of us look into things. Just because he has accomplish so much in his career means he owns Liberians somthing by force, No, he can give back when and how he wants to. My point is he has done alot as a good citizen and is still trying to help in his weak ways. Guys no one in this country USA or Europe has to be making $500K like Weah did to be able to give back. We need to stop talking cheap about what Weah needs to do, appreciate him for what he has done, and now think about what we in our little ways can contribute.

Now, about his new role in polities and the education thing. LOL.... Titi12, are you questioning this men personal interest because he didn't attend school in Liberia??? Man come on, you should know better about the school system in that country. I don't care what nobody say, the college degree like LU them is look at in this contry just like a high school diploma, not that the folks that go there isn't smart but you know better then i do that the system is very low. How many president that we've had that didn't come to the US to studied better. I'm young and don't know a lot about the cities in Liberia but i understands thses major problems. Let this men get a better education and where ever he wants and improve himself so he can go back and help in other ways not just soccer. Whether that way should be president, manager,sports, own business,.. it would be a help to somebody. Lets think about doing the same thing. May God bless the Lone Star.

Danield

Back to top Go down

Post by Titi12 Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:22 am

Danield, LOL all you want, but please read my last post! We can go back and forth, but like I said before we can agree to disagree that Weah can be more involved in Liberian soccer no matter what because of his background. Weah has the right to do what ever he wants to do likewise every Liberian and that's his and theirs prorogative. My only/main question or concern is/was that if Weah had won the presidency, would he had every thought about empowering (educating) himself after his term(s)? I guess we would never know, but it makes me wonder how important was education/empowerment before the failed presidential bid!

The problem I have is that everybody wants to be president or government official to help, get involved, contribute, or give back to Liberia. Which doesn't have to be the case. Like I said before, I have my own personal opinion and you can smoke it or leave it. Very Happy Whether I'm questioning Weah personal interest or whoever, that's all part of being in politics or being a public figure.

I strongly belief in social activism and to be an activist, you don't need a college degree or to be a government official. You just need the heart and willingness to help, cater, and give back to the needy. I stated in my last post that I'm sure we all are and maybe you as well is helping Mama Liberia in your own little way. I'm not making $500K a year, but I know I am and some people know I am giving back to Liberia, but it's not about me so I don't need any accolades or to list all that I'm doing to help or give back. That is between me and my God! Take care and God Bless!

Titi12

Back to top Go down

Post by Danield Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:57 pm

Titi12, hope things and work are all fine with you and all of the other guys on this site. Please lets not go back and front with this issue. Like you said, we can disagree to agree. you're one those guys i have respect for on important issues concerns me about Liberia, i mean from polities, sports, education, to the social well being of our friends back there. I read every post, and if it make sense responding to, then i do. I read your post and agree and disagree with certain issue that were raised and I've express my disagreements with. I also respect everyone personal's views but when there are things that needs to be corrected i think it's neccessary we point them out.

I admired you being a social activis and speaking out your mind, but i don't think it's fair for us to just focus on one public figure. I've not heard one person on this site talk about those other guys that played with Weah,.. guys like James Debbah them, what they done??? have we or you metion their names or question them on the same issues as Weah??? No. All I'm saying is lets be fair, respectful, and caution to all those guys not just George Weah.

Lastly, you're right on the point that everyone wants to be president and you don't have to have that post in order to give back, but we all understand that that's how our people are. Everyone wants to be the top men or the boss. It's a serious mind thing that me, you, and others needs to help chance if we are not like them. But that wouldn't make me to question your commitments or love for the country unless I've spoken to you and look into it from different perspective. I know you guys are all grown and it would be fine with we act like it in reference of the way we look at things. Take care. May God bless the Lone Star.

Danield

Back to top Go down

Post by Titi12 Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:19 pm

My man, Danield, please don't let me get started on those other jokers! That's a whole different topic! By the way, I was talking about my post before Monroviaboy's post. I guess the reason the spotlight is on Weah is because he acheived more than those other guys and he was the one mentioned in this topic/discussion because he said he's willing to help the Lone Star.

That other joker (Debbah) is still trying to play football and he's all about bluffing in my eyes. As far as I'm concern, all or maybe most of the former Liberian football stars are guilty of not helping the game in Liberia and maybe they don't want to help so that's their problem/prorogative.

On the other hand, I'm not trying to question anybody's comittment or love for Liberia because everybody's commitment level and love is different so if I am questioning that, I apologize, but as we all know actions speak louder than words. God bless!

Titi12

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:56 pm

I see two Bright stars amoug that Bunch...Thomas Kojo is coaching in SA and getting the experience and training for future
Kelvin Swegbe is also another..He is now taking coaching courses and plans to start with his mother club , black Stars FC in Liberia..

We need to start teaching the game from the Jr to the club levels

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 19

https://liberiansoccer.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down